Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trip to Darling Harbour and City Centre

kay, as I so efficiently completed all important task in Australia. I figured I could start touring in a small scale.


So Darling Harbour here I come!

I know nothing about it actually. What to expect (except a harbour), and what to do there.
I only know I wanted to go there, because I saw this (refer below) when passing the city,


and thought the name was aDorAbLe~ lol


Sadly, my right knee was failing me because of constant abuse for the past week. It's as if I stretched a tendon or something, worries me because I never felt this way before.
Anyway, my tour guide for the day were Khar Mun and Anthony, both enthusiastic to show me around and gave me full liberty on where I wanted to go. Which was weird, because I wouldn't have any clue where to start.


They would bring me to a mall, which looks like any other mall in Malaysia, but smaller. And they would ask,

"what would you like to do?"

and I would stare blankly, and say:


"I don't know what to do here, why dont you suggest something instead?"


and then, they will travel around for a bit while I follow mindlessly on. There is some sort of small pressure for me to have fun? I think they need a little warm up on being tour guides. I know I will have a hard time figuring out what would be fun to do if I have to bring someone to tour Malaysia. Everything would seem so normal, you just don't think it is tour quality. Get what I mean?


So in the end, we left the mall (can't even remember the name) for DARLING HARBOUR. It wasnt much, because I did not go for all the tourist attraction events where I had to pay alot of money for. We more like just did sightseeing. It was so interesting anyway, I did not mind. Anyway, I shall not rant on anymore, leave it to the piiiiics...


ANCHOR AHOOOI!

someone very Tak Han


whatever party they are going to, it looks FUN

check out the submarine

that is sooo sweet


As you can see, I am the only one camwhoring in the pictures. Guys have some phobia about having their pictures taken.

For dinner, Khar Mun wanted to "belanja" Anthony to show gratitude for him being such a splendid tour guide for the past few days. At first, we decided Pancakes on the Rocks, because apparently Anthony liked it. Then, we felt like eating something heavier. Looking at the price of grilled steaks and stuff there ($22 above), he suggested St James Hotel, at Castlereagh St. According to him, the steaks there are marvellous and only cost $10.00. So, off we headed. (Knees dying in the process)

p/s: Anthony wasn't helping when he kept estimating shorter times to reach destination. He would say 3-5 minutes to reach XXX, and that sounded comforting. Then 20 minutes later, we still have not arrived because he was estimating with his typical SUPER FAST Hong Kong walking speed as a factor. Pah

Pretty nice elaborate setting, with good ambiance. Not alot of people, so not uncomfortable crowded either. Anyway, the reason for cheap steak was this: See that big blue towering tag thing above? It sounds and lights up when our food is ready. Then we have to go collect it ourselves. This way, we get to skimp on service charge, which is HELL alot here in Australia (minumum wage being so high and all). At the same time, we have STUPENDOUS, AMAZING, ABSURDLY ROCKING yummy steak. I ate faster than both guys, thats a statement. Sorry I did not take pics, the guys were already shaking their heads at me for taking the few that I did. lol

After that, it was deserts. Can't remember what I had, it was ok. It was really an eating day really. But, we were walking so much to get there, I din feel like I was pigging out at all. In fact, I got HUNGRY late at night. Haha

p/s: It is obvious I got lazy at the end. Blogging is tiring. lol
pp/s: Books here are ABSURDLY expensive! Bought a book secondhand, still cost me $102 for the textbook and its solutions. Only $40 discount. Gaaaaah. I think investing in a photocopier is more worth it. Where is piracy when you need it. lol

No comments: