Thursday, February 19, 2009

Of L.O.V.E and GRATITUDE

I love my brother...

He is always reserved and always will be. He doesn't express how he feels easily. Though that may bother people, I don't really let that get to me. Maybe it used to a little when I was young, but not anymore. The reason: I don't know. Maybe its because I got used to it. Maybe it is because I saw that through his veneer of cool distant reserve, he is closer to me than I thought. He is actually so warm, he is like golden honey (if that makes sense).



Slowly, I saw the underlying meaning behind the tiny gestures.

How he hugged me just a milisecond little longer when I was leaving from the airport. It made my heart tug.
How he just got me my first very own camera as a surprise (it was a shared present with Vaness, his wife)
How he paid for my Dell Inspiron laptop (I know my mom bugged him, but I don't think he was unwilling)
How he always gave me a GREAT BIG BEAR HUG (with such magnitude that I lift off the ground) when he comes home.
How he always listens to all my loooooong random thoughts and theories. (They all MAKE SENSE by the way. )
How he has the same fetish of Vitagen as I do. (it is better than icky Yakult)
How he always has an interest in whatever I do.
How we wrestle on the bed, and he always wins.
How he would squeeze my hand untill I cringe.
How I told him my beloved samsung mp3 player konked, and he totally searched it up on net to help me solve the problem.
How he will give me random calls in Australia even if the rates are busting the roof.

It is funny, because he is 11 years older than me, I will always be his tiny little sister. At 6, he would spank me on the hand like a daddy because I secretly borrowed his comic books to read. (I dont see how I was wrong, he was selfish not to even tell me he has Slam Dunk and Kung Fu boy comics to read. It is darn nice weeei). I dont see why he has to keep it all to himself.

At 18, he is still giving me advice, telling me what is appropriate and what not. I guess, he does in a little way fill the space of a father figure in my life?


We always have love around us, if we only care to look...

No comments: