Wednesday, February 18, 2009

moving in, moving out

Yesterday, I moved into my new room in Kingsford. It has the perfect location, only 5-6 minutes walk from my current Uni, UNSW and 5-6 minutes walk for grocery shopping. With walking distance to Uni, I save about $25.90 per week! I am soooo proud of myself.


PEEERFECT!

Anyway, the place is lovely. The landlady is nice (a little particular, but I can live with that... I hope). She is the type of woman who will cringe when she hears "cockroaches" and sees uneven blinds. God, I will have to change as she has the absolute power to kick me out if I bug her. Then, I will be homeless. My mom laughed at me as she predicted that I will be a neat freak by the end of the year, wiping basins and shower stalls dry after use. Oh, the horror!

My first night over was a little cold, as there was no quilt, only a pathetic paper thin blanket to keep me warm. Have to go shopping for one while I do grocery shopping as well. Back to topic, I am changing rooms! I woke up in the morning, disturbed by chatter outside my room. Apparently, Teresa is showing the place around to another potential tenant. Guess what, that "potential tenant" is a girl from AUSMAT as well!

Small world
So, I was listening to Teresa giving details about the rooms. There is this huge room, meant for 2 (converted from a living room). It only cost $175 per week, cheaper than my tiny single bedroom by $15 per week! So that means, I am keeping close to my $150-$170 budget. Yippee. Believe me, it is not an easy budget to keep. I am so lucky to even find such a lovely place with such a tight budget. Other places were mostly ... pathetic at this price.

One good example:
I saw a place where it was advertised "partitioned room". I was like ok, it will be small, probably a flimsy wood wall to partition the room apart from some other space. As long as it is cheap, I can live with that. I went there, and was astounded. 3 big wooden cupboards lamely substitute as walls, separating the room from its living room! thats it?! And there was cockroaches and chocolate leaking and uncleaned in the refrigerator! Super DISGUSTING!!!!!
to top that up, the landlady looks like a real doofus, she looked as if she did not know what she was doing all the while.

Anyway, I think Teresa saw that I was interested with the room for 2. And she said,

"since you two already know each other, you guys should share this room."

And walaaa, there you have it, my new mega big room that is cheaper than before. My roomie looks like a nice girl, I only remembered she was in my econs class, and had the impression that she was pretty good at it. So I am going to move into my new room tonight. Check in out!

the current hong kie girl staying in the room is a little messy,
more than me at least. so ya, but check out the spaaaaaaaaaaaace. lol


Hopefully, I will get used to staying with a roomie. Hopefully, we get along well (we are in contract for 6 months, enough time to dig each other's guts out if we hate it).

No comments: