Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rant

totally screwed my QMA test.

all because I made a silly mistake.

I feel so STOOOPID.
k, rant over. Anyone wants to hear me rant more, or offer words of comfort, pls do.
I doubt it though. :(
.
UPDATE: I got FULL MARKS!!!! ngiahahahaha. happy sia~
-----------------

I am no photographer. But, today I was passing by the main walkway of my Uni and suddenly remembered I have my camera. So I randomly snapped a few photos as an initiative to update my blog. I will take snapshots of Uni once in a while, as it is big and I cant be bothered to walk for hours just to take pictures of the whole place.




probably my favourite part of Uni, it is much more beautiful in a drizzling night. That is when the whole row of lights come up, and gets reflected on the wet shiny pathway.


the very cool law building (thought you cant see much of it thanks to the trees)

It looks the achitectect was on crack when he designed this. Alot of angles and clashing colours that oddly enough goes really well together. Dont know why LAW gets the cool bulding. The theatre is the coolest. I have 2 lectures there, which I am very happy with. lol.

Australian School of Business (ASB) has a really big, nice new one as well, but it is more CHIC, as it is pretty much sheer white and silver. Will take pictures of ASB in the future.


note: my lousy phototaking skills has understated the spectacular sights UNSW achitectural buildings provide. I am sorry for that. lol

It is easily forgettable that my Uni is beautiful now. As I pass it everyday.

I remember there was a story, where a boyfriend (an artist), painted a large christman tree on the wall of his house to celebrate the season with his girlfriend who had recently moved in with him. She was exclaiming how pretty it was. They were very happily in love, everything was blissfully new and fresh. After many years, their relationship dulled, and along with it, the christman tree that faded into the background. In reality, the painting has still nothing less of a beautiful sight. But, only when a friend dropped by thier house, and praised how lovely it was, did they remember that their christmas tree is beautiful. Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. They do not see it in the new light anymore. They forgot it was beautiful.

Sometimes, we must teach ourselves to appreciate the beauty in life, so that we can remind ourselves the reasons why we should be happy. We should walk by the things we pass by everyday, the daily activities we do, and the people we meet everyday, and remind ourselves that was what made us happy before. I think, that cures our innate human nature of constantly craving for more.

No comments: